MCC Re-Opening Plans
UPDATES TO PLAN TO REOPEN:
Current Status: MCC is closed for Jummah and Daily Prayers (Salah)
Next Assessment Announcement: Thursday, July 9th, 2020
Tentative Date to reopen for Jummah: Friday, July 10th, 2020
Conditions for Reopening for Jummah (only):
Consultation with Charlotte Medical Community Status of Cases in Mecklenburg County
Requirements to attend Jummah (once open):
- Space will be limited to 75 people per Jummah. MCC plans to hold 2 short Jummah services.
- PRE-REGISTRATION for a spot is required. You can register using this Registration link
- If you do not receive emails, click here https://charlottemcc.org/alerts to sign up.
- MASKS are REQUIRED. If you do not wear a mask, you will NOT be allowed to enter.
- A volunteer will be checking temperature at the door. Anyone with acute respiratory symptoms or temperature above 100.1 will not be permitted.
- Bring your own prayer rug. Practice social distancing in the prayer hall or overflow rooms.
- Shoe rooms will be closed. You will be given shoe covers to wear over your shoes. You will be praying in your shoes.
- Perform Wudu at home. Bathrooms will be closed.
- Jummah duration will be short to minimize exposure.
- Exit immediately from the closest door after prayer is complete (no socialization).
- Childcare rooms will be closed.
- No children under 13 permitted to attend.
- Adults over 60 or those in poor health are discouraged from attending
- Status for Reopening for Daily Prayers:
At this time, there are no plans to reopen for Daily Prayers. The situation shall be reassessed in the coming weeks.
MCC’s priority is the safety and well-being of our community members. Please be patient. While we all want to return to normal practices. It is not a race. This plan is prioritized on the most critical religious obligations, followed by recommendations from the Medical community.